What skills and previous experience will I need?
What will I study?
- A keen interest in the full sporting spectrum.
- GCSE PE or at least BTEC Sport qualification is essential.
Students study two units in each year of a two year course. Students are assessed practically through their role as a coach, official or performer and through written examination and coursework projects.
- Unit 1: Opportunities for and the effects of leading a healthy active lifestyle including applied physiology, skill acquisition and opportunities for participation.
- Unit 2: Analysis and evaluation of physical activity in adopted roles
- Unit 3: Optimising performance and evaluating contemporary issues in sport including physiology and biomechanics of sports movement, sports psychology and contemporary Issues.
- Unit 4: Optimising practical performance in a competitive situation. Students have to perform, analyse and evaluate performance in a practical competitive situation, evaluating weaknesses and suggesting causes and corrective measures.